SPECIAL VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM SCHOLARSHIP AWARDEES
Applicants must submit their visa applications in person at the Consulate (for personal identification and to have their biometric data taken).
Awardees should wait to receive the Letter of Acceptance from their host Universities and the Letter of Award from Tempus Public Foundation to start the visa process.
Applicants must include the following documents in their applications:
- Valid passport
- Duly completed student visa application form and appendix (attached)
- One recent-passport size colored photograph with a white background
- Letter of Acceptance by the host University
- Scholarship Award Letter from Tempus Public Foundation
- All academic certificates referred to in the scholarship application – originals will be required for verification
- In case of private accommodation: the attached Notification on Accommodation form
- In case of dormitory/rented apartment: booking confirmation
The visas will be issued free of charge. However, those who reside outside Kenya and wish to have their passports sent back to them via post after the visa issuance, will have to pay KES 5692 for the courier service. This fee is payable in KES and preferably by card. Bank deposit is also possible, the details of which will be shared with the applicant at the visa interview.
For questions regarding visa appointments, kindly get in touch with us at Chancery.NAI@mfa.gov.hu.
Important notice to Kenyan passport holders: According to the Kenyan authorities’ official notification issued to all diplomatic missions, all Kenyan passports – except the new East African Community biometric e-Passport – will be rendered invalid from 1 September 2019. Schengen Member States therefore wish to inform the Kenyan public that as of 1 June 2019 ONLY the new East African Community biometric e-Passport can be accepted for Schengen visa applications. According to Article 12 (a) of the Regulation (EC) No. 810/2009, commonly known as “Visa Code”, the validity of a travel document shall extend at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen Member States.